Femi is the firm’s Managing Partner and head of the Corporate and Commercial Practice Division. Prior to establishing Hughes Partners, Femi worked with a renowned commercial law firm and later joined the legal department of one of Nigeria’s leading commercial banks from where he was seconded to a foremost, insurance company to act as the company’s Company Secretary/Legal Adviser and also a member of company’s Turnaround Management Team after the acquisition of the company’s majority shares by the commercial bank.
Femi serves as the local representative of the International Technology Law in Nigeria. He also acts as Company Secretary to numerous companies, Trustee and Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO’s).
Femi Adekeye had been involved in series of transactions some of which are:-
- Had advised a Software and technology partner in the Nigerian Aviation Sector Revenue Lifecycle Management Project. The tasks include drafting and reviewing of stakeholders’ agreement and ensuring a seamless working relationship with the Revenue Collection bank and the various Aviation agencies.
- Had advised a leading Technology Company in Nigeria in its Serie “A” Share Subscription and investment round. The advice focused on drafting of the share subscription agreement, trust agreements and the perfection and registration of the investment.
- Femi is retained as legal adviser to one of the leading Edu portal technology providers in Nigeria with over 10 higher institutions signed on to their technology. His role include but not limited to protection of their intellectual property assets, liaising with regulatory bodies on their behalf, drafting of MOUs, SLA , licensing agreement and joint venture agreements on their behalf.
- Had led a team of Solicitors to conduct legal due diligence on Crusader Insurance (Nig.) Plc on behalf of Refuge Insurance Limited pursuant to Nigerian Insurance Commission directive on the increase of share capital base of all insurance companies in Nigeria.
- Had advised the lead Underwriter in the re-insurance assignment of the insurance of Obajana Cement Plc to an offshore security trustee. The exercise involved the review of the collateral trust agreement in respect of Obajana Cement Project, the Common Terms Agreement, the Re-insurance Agreement, Offshore Security Deed and the Local Security Deed.
- Had advised a local leading insurance company in all its negotiations relating to securing the intermediary status to market BUPA international products in Nigeria.
- Had advised on the securitization of a =N=1,000,000,000.00 [One Billion Naira] loan facility to ADKAN Nigeria Limited for the development of a private estate in Abuja.
- He successfully renegotiated and assisted Edible Fisheries Investment Limited in the restructuring of its term loan and overdraft facility with AMCON and one of Nigeria’s leading commercial banks.
- Femi led the team of Solicitors that advised the local syndicated financiers to Le Meridian Hotel on the project financing options and loan syndication for the construction of a four  star hotel in Port Harcourt, River state, Nigeria.
- Nigerian Law School
- University of Kent, Canterbury, LL.M (International Commercial Law)
- University of Buckingham, LL.B (Hons.)
- Ondo State University, BSc. (Political Science)
- Nigeria Bar Association
- International Technology Law
Areas Of Expertise
Banking, Insurance, Startups, Intellectual Property, Technology, Project Finance, Company Law and Practice, Real Estate and Taxation.
Co-author – Nigerian Chapter of Getting the Deal Through on Private Client 2014 and 2015 editions.